Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Jacob 12- 12 1/2 Months

Well, somebody had a birthday! ("Shout Hooray!") Jacob's birthday party was on October 2. Which also happened to be the day of conference, making things really packed, but it was still a blast! Jacob had an Elmo 1st birthday party complete with brightly colored cupcakes. I had a small 5" cake made just for him. We sat him down in his diaper on a table cloth, on the grass, in the park. (Where? haha... long explanation, I know.) He didn't really get into the cake. I pushed his hand and his foot into the cake, and he did not like that! He fussed, so we cleaned him up. (Which he didn't like either. He was running low on nap time, and wasn't in the best mood. You just can't plan these things.) But he relaxed and calmed down when he got to open up his presents! Thank you wonderful family for all of the fun new toys/books/clothes, etc! He is one spoiled baby!

I haven't uploaded the pictures of his birthday party yet, but I'm thinking I will just have to make a smilebox because I have so many cute ones. If you have any pictures from the party, please e-mail them to me so they can be included!

Now for the big question....


WHAT IS IT LIKE HAVING A ONE YEAR OLD?

Well, I think you all probably have an idea. You know when you watch someone playing with a pinball machine, and the ball bounces back and forth and back and forth? Well, I have the cutest little pinball you have ever seen! Jacob has so much ENERGY! (Wish mommy did!) When it's naptime, I just have to pick him up and put him in his crib. He won't let me rock or snuggle anymore (I'm so glad cousin Sophia is here for a visit, so I get to snuggle somebody!) Once Jacob is in his crib, he passes out for a good 2-3 hours. The magic hours.

He's just got the cutest personality lately. He is really into music. At conference time, he learned to lead music with my dad. (Jacob loves his Grandpa Wilcox!) My mom and dad came for a visit to be here for Jacob's birthday party. That is how Jacob learned to wave his hands when he hears music. He does it all the time now! Especially when he hears his favorite song in the car; Michael Buble's Save the Last Dance for Me. Its got a fun beat that Jacob just loves! He likes to dance to the music on his toys too. He bounces up and down and waves his hands in the air. I need to catch this all on video. Jacob is walking a lot better now. He learned how to do it so fast. He learned within a few days, and it took a couple weeks to perfect.

Jacob is also learning to talk. He jabbers all the time. The few words he can say when prompted are duck, dog, clock, tree, and quack. He uses the word "ba" for his balloon and his bottle. When he wants to know what something is, he points to it and says "say." I'm not sure if he just uses that word all the time, or if he is asking me to say what it is. Maybe a little of both.

Jacob is very social. He loves to get out and see new people. He holds his hands out to anyone he wants to see. Sometimes he holds his hands out to perfectly good strangers. Mommy usually has to hold him back. He likes that he can get passed around if he holds out his hands.

He is such a joy in my life. He wears me out, but he has such a curiosity and joy for life that he is fun to be around. His curiosity is contagious. I love you baby bug!

An Update on the House:

We got a house! And it was the one that we really wanted! It's quite a steal, and will be perfect for our growing family. When we move in we will be accepting company. lol! It will be so nice to stretch out and unpack a few boxes for good! (Well, for a least 5-10 years, until we want to move again.) I couldn't feel more blessed right now. Its amazing how Heavenly Father decides to pour out the blessings of heaven. There is no end to His goodness!

1 comment:

Wendi said...

What a fun update. Congratulations on your new home! :)