Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Jacob 10-10 1/2 months

Going for a ride on mommy's knees! Whee!

Oh, where to begin... maybe with Jacob's first steps?!?! Yes, he took his first steps last Saturday (August 14th) at the park. Ben was playing a ward softball game and afterwards, came over to sit with us on a blanket. Jacob popped up and stood for almost a full 10 seconds. As we were admiring him, along with two other couple from the ward, he decided he wanted to sit down. So he walked four or five steps unassisted to grab onto daddy's shoulders. I flipped out! A girl from the ward said, "His first steps!" I smiled so big I almost cried. haha... Guess it comes with the "I'm a proud mommy" package. I couldn't have been more thrilled.

Jacob is doing so well lately. The busy baby just gets busier. I like to take him outside. I took him to the park once, and just let him crawl all over the grass. But now it is too hot to live outside, so we stay in most of the day. Plus they tore down the park equipment at the park across the street, and it won't reopen till the end of the month. We need to take more breaks to go to the pool just outside, but I never muster up enough courage. I really should, all the kids are in school now, and we will probably have the whole thing to ourselves. Hooray! As for a swimming update, Jacob went "swimming" in Grandpa Jim's spa the other night, and he is actually holding his breath on his own. He was sitting on a step in the spa, and leaned forward to take a dip. Grandma Kristy popped him up after a second. He didn't mind going under the water, or having to hold his breath. He stayed in the spa for quite a while and enjoyed splashing. He got nervous towards the end, and decided he didn't want to go down into the water. I would like to take him to swim lessons some day. He would have a blast and I would learn fun things to do with him in the pool.

Now, for the weigh-in info. Jacob weighed 23lbs, and was 30.5" at the beginning of the month. He is wearing 18 month clothing, and its starting to look like it isn't super saggy. Carter's 18 months fits just right, but the other brands are loose fitting. He's also sprouting more teeth. He has three top and two bottom so far. I can see one more tooth coming in on the top. I checked today and it looks like it's finally come through the gums. I hope we can take a teething break for a while. He doesn't go for the usual teething toys. He can leave those. He likes to carry around these cookies that come from a milk & cookie toy. They are perfect for nibbling. I took him to WalMart yesterday and tried to take the cookie out of his hand so we wouldn't lose it in the store. He wouldn't let go, and he held it the whole time. When we went to WinCo he held it, but seeing as he was in a shopping cart, he couldn't resist the urge to see what would happen if he dropped it. Oh, the curious mind of the baby. I usually humor him and let him drop things a few times before I take them away. lol!

Now... for a ton of pictures because its been so long since I posted....

I don't know what he was reaching for. He does.

See the little chicklets? I love his teeth!

Playing with his favorite friend.

I was just pretending to like wearing a hat!

Peekaboo!

Our park.

2 comments:

Cherie said...

Congratulations to him on his first steps! :)

Wendi said...

That comment above was actually me signed in at my mom's house. Oops!! :)