WHAT WE WERE UP TO:
We have been really busy this past month. (I think that's how it flew by so fast!)
First we drove to Anaheim to see Janene, who came down to Disneyland for the week. We ate at the Rainforest Cafe, and it was delicious. Jacob couldn't have been more tired, but he put on his best face. (For a while. haha.)
We had so much fun with Janene, Gunnar and Natalie, that we decided to come up again and go to Disneyland with them. So on Aug 20th, we took Jacob to Disneyland for the first time. I will sum up his experience in only a few words. HE HATED IT! haha... Well, I think hate is a strong word, so lets say it scared him. He went on Pirate of the Carribean, Winnie the Pooh, the Carousel, and then on the Nemo submarine ride. That was all he could take. He screamed through the first two, wouldn't sit on his horse, and held on to me very tightly on the submarine. (I think he liked the Nemo ride the best. But why do all rides have to so loud?)
He has a scared face from going on the Winnie the Pooh ride. Poor guy. :(
Then we did a little bit of traveling. We went to D.C. to see cousin Sophia blessed. It was a whirlwind trip full of the sights, sounds, and tastes of D.C. (August 27th-30th) Ben and I got to see the mall while Jacob took a nap in the car with Grandpa. Ben went to the Glenn Beck Rally so I didn't see him much of Saturday. We also went to see Great Falls in Virginia. There are some beautiful homes there, and of course, beautiful waterfalls. It was my first time getting to see the East coast, and we had a great time.
The next weekend after that we went to La Costa Resort in Carlsbad, CA with Grandma Sandra and the whole Garr gang. (Sept 3rd-6th) We didn't swim as much as I thought we would. Jacob had a lot of fun with all of the Garr cousins. He was spoiled with attention! Jacob loved the hotel. We had a balcony outside, and he got to go in and out as he pleased. He sure got dirty, but he loved being outside. We were lucky the weather was so nice.
Now we are back at home and it has taken some adjusting. Its so nice to be on vacation, and not think about making dinner and cleaning the apartment. haha! Some new things that Jacob is up to:
*More walking. Jacob can walk across the room from dad to mom, and back again.
*Knocking. I don't know where he picked up the knocking idea, but he loves to knock on the door, the walls, the bathtub, the bed, etc. It's really cute.
*Folding his arms. Jacob learned to fold his arms. He only does it for a few seconds but it is so sweet!
*Waving Hi/Bye. He now has the finger curling down, and understands what it means.
*Feeding Mommy food. He likes to stick pretty much everything in my mouth, but he likes to stick food in there and watch it disappear.
*Climbing stairs. He climbs the stairs outside the apartment and the stairs at Grandpa's house. It makes mommy a little nervous when he tries to go down, but he's almost got it.
*Jabbering. He is a little talker. I can't wait till I know what he is saying!
*Pointing. If he wants to know what it is, he points at it. I tell him what it is and he tries to say it back, but is sounds kinda like this, "Ba! Ba! Qua!" Which sounds like a chicken. For one moment, I thought he did say brush one day. But I'm not sure.
A LITTLE UPDATE ON LIFE...
We are looking at houses now. We have a great realtor, and we have seen some homes we really like. We will most likely make an offer soon. It's such a big decision! But we need the extra space. Apartment living is too small for the high cost. Jacob needs room to play and a backyard to spend time in.
Wish us luck!!!





(1).jpg)




1 comment:
Jacob is looking so grown up now with all those teeth! I loved reading about all the things he can do these days. Good luck with buying a house! :)
Post a Comment