Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Jacob 9 1/2 months

Well, our little Jacob is getting busy busy! A few little updates:

1. I am always pulling something out of his mouth that is inedible. (Well, sometimes its edible, but stale and yucky.)

2. Jacob can now crawl on his knees. We still see the army crawl every once in a while, but he's getting to be really fast!

3. He's very talkative. He says "da-da" a lot, and then the rest is random babbling. I just go nuts over it!

4. Jacob is getting excited about having finger food meals. I'm trying not to do too much spoon feeding, but I want to finish the stash of baby food we have in the cupboard. He had french toast the other day, and loved it!

5. Jacob loves being outside, and going out and about. He loves his new convertible car seat. He can see out the window and stays pretty well entertained.

6. Jacob is into the cupboards. We haven't bought much baby proofing stuff but now is the time!

7. He is starting to stand on his own. He only does it for a brief few seconds, but he's learning how to balance on those two jello legs!

8. Jacob loves story time. He turns the pages of the book for me, and sits really quiet. He likes reading books over and over again.

9. He's got 4 teeth. The bottom two look to be halfway through, but the top are still coming in. He likes to rub his tongue on them, and he's even been grinding his teeth. AH!

He's been so much fun to play with. I love seeing him learn new things and explore the world. A few days ago we took Jacob shopping for some toys for his birthday. We are going to see how long they last in the cupboard before I sneak them out and let him open them. I'm not very good and keeping him unspoiled... uh oh...

Here are some new pictures:

Swimming in the pool on the patio. Yay for no sun!

Just reading a story

Getting into trouble!

1 comment:

Wendi said...

Those pictures are so cute! Now I'm going to go check out the others on your Walmart site. Yay!! :)